Insurance Coverages

Personal Coverages

For your Life Insurance we offer:

  • Universal Life Insurance
  • Mortgage Life Insurance
  • Term Life Insurance
  • Long-Term Care
  • Insurance
  • Valuable Property

If you’re a driver, we know you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on insuring your vehicle, but you need to make sure you are properly covered, so we’ll tailor the policy to fit your needs and your budget.

If you are a homeowners, having homeowner’s insurance is extremely important.  A home is one of the largest investments made in a lifetime. According to a 1998 Marshall & Swift survey of 20,000 homes, it is estimated that 67% of homes built in the U.S. are underinsured by an average of 35%.  Isn’t it time you revisited your homeowner’s policy? 

We can provide coverage for the most precious of your possessions right down to your everyday items.  When it comes to your personal property, we’ve got you covered.

In a society where everyone seems ready to sue, you need to make sure you and your assets are protected.  Even future earnings may be at stake.  Give yourself the most affordable peace of mind money can buy with a personal umbrella policy.

If you own one or more pleasure craft such as boats and yachtss, whether it be a motorcycle, snowmobile, jet ski, boats, or a yachts, have fun without worrying about whether you are properly covered should something happen.

Planning for the future and taking a proactive approach will help ensure your loved ones are taken cared of. We offer universal life insurance, mortgage life insurance, term life insurance and long-term care insurance.

Business Coverages

When it comes to insurance, every small business has individual needs. Events and items to be covered for a restaurant, for instance, will be significantly different than those a manufacturing plant or a home office needs.

There are, however, broad areas of coverage that apply to all types of businesses. The important thing is to make sure you have insured every aspect of your business that you need to. The checklist will at least help you be aware of what may need covered.

  • Commercial Property
  • Commercial General Liability
  • Worker’s Compensation
  • Business Automobile
  • Commercial Excess Liability

Condominium Insurance

What is master policy insurance?

William Higgins Insurance specializes in master policy insurance for properties with multiple owners, such as condo and apartment buildings. This type of coverage insures the building as whole, including common areas and liability, and often includes other coverages such as Director’s and Officer’s coverage to protect your building association members. Master policy insurance provides coverage that personal insurance does not.

Who needs master policy insurance?

Condo associations need a master policy to insure the common areas of their building, for liability reasons and any other common risks. Individual unit owners would obtain personal condo unit owner’s policies to insure their personal property, but the condo association would need to purchase master policy insurance.

Apartment building owners need to obtain master policy insurance as well, typically for the same reasons. Common areas of the property, liability, loss of rent coverage and many other coverages would be provided in William Higgins Insurance master policy.

Property managers are generally responsible for obtaining master policy insurance for their properties as well.

What does “all-in” mean?

William Higgins Insurance’s master policy provides “all-in” coverage, meaning that everything attached to your building would be insured by our policy. This typically includes cabinetry, appliances, window fixtures, ceilings and flooring. An easy way to determine exactly what would be covered by our exclusive “all-in” master policy would be to think about what would remain inside your building if you were able to pick it up and turn it upside-down.

What is a studs-out or studs-in policy?

Another term frequently used by master policy providers is studs-in. A studs-in policy is the equivalent of our “all-in” policy and would insure the building and anything attached to it.

A studs-out policy is much more limited and only provides insurance for parts of the building from the studs outward towards the exterior.

Are my personal contents covered by the master policy?

Personal property is not insured by master policy insurance, so condo unit owners and apartment renters should obtain personal policies such as a condo unit owner’s or renter’s policy to protect their personal belongings in the event of a disaster. William Higgins Insurance Personal Lines department offers these types of insurance products for your convenience as well.

Close Search Window